Odd delay waiting for X after installing NFS

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Apr 13 09:25:28 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 12:03:13AM +0800, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
: On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:33:38PM +0100, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
:
: > Now, when I start X, it delays for a while and Ctrl-T says xauthority is
: > waiting on kqueue.  I hit Ctrl-C and start again, and it is fine.  When I
: > shut down X, I don't get the prompt back until I hit Ctrl-C.
: > This can't be right.  What could be the issue?
:
: That is resolver. Make sure that all of your interfaces are either is DNS
: reverse zone or in /etc/hosts.

But before enabling portmap and nfs it worked fine with no delay.  And the
other host IS named in /etc/hosts?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.