MIMEDefang/Sendmail problem

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 21:50:11 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 21:32, Wayne Sierke wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 12:05, Matt Navarre wrote:
[snippage]

> > Here's the milter lines from my sendmail mc file:
> > MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,
> > F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
> > define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 7)dnl
> > define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILERS', `mimedefang')dnl
> >
> > This is on 4.9-STABLE from march 6 with ports CVSuped this weekend.
>
> Here's what I have (on 5.2-RELEASE):
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl dnl define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS',
> `mimedefang')dnl not required when INPUT_MAIL_FILTER used
>
>  - Note that the last entry you listed contains a spelling error:
> confINPUT_MAIL_FILERS   s/FILERS/FILTERS/  - that alone may solve your
> problem

Indeed it did. I've only looked at that about a hundred times over the last
few days.
*sigh*

>  - I have no idea what the distinction is between using 'S=local:' and
> 'S=unix:' - may not be significant.
Doesn't seem to be. I'ts working with the unix:

>  - I don't recall where I got the info about the
> define('confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' not being required when
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER used, probably from the spamassassin docs.
I tried dnl'ing that line earlier with no success, but fixing my speeling
misteak seems to have worked.

Thanks!

--
mnavarre at cox.net             http://badstateofgruntledness.blogspot.com
it was a hard sell, since he's a database person, and as far as I've seen,