MIMEDefang/Sendmail problem

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 19:35:14 PDT 2004

I've been trying to get MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin/ClamAV running as described in
this article:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2004/04/01/Big_Scary_Daemons.html?page=1

I think I've got everything set up right, but nothing seems to be getting
processed by the milter. Mail still ends up in my inbox, but no headers get
inserted in the mail and I don't see anything from MIMEDefang in maillog. It
almost seems like sendmail isn't sending the mail through mimedefang.

All the sockets seem to be in the right place (/var/spool/MIMEDefang) but I'm
not seeing anything from the filter.

I'm using the default mimedefang-filter file with just some email address
changes

Here's the milter lines from my sendmail mc file:
MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 7)dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILERS', `mimedefang')dnl

This is on 4.9-STABLE from march 6 with ports CVSuped this weekend.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
mnavarre at cox.net
it was a hard sell, since he's a database person, and as far as I've seen,
once those database worms eat into your brain, it's hard to ever get anything
practical done again. To a database person, every nail looks like a thumb. Or
something like that. - jwz