openssl port not over-writing the base

Jamie jamie at gnulife.org
Mon Apr 12 11:39:21 PDT 2004

    Tried upgrading openssl this morning on a 4.9REL machine with ports.

   I went into /usr/ports/security/openssl and ran:

   make -DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes install

  When it was through building, it didn't over-write the /usr/bin/openssl
binary, but it did install the new openssl in /usr/local/bin.

  What am I missing here? The makefile has this line in it:

.if defined(OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE)

  I can't understand why it would put it in /usr/local.

   - Jamie

Greetings from Minneapolis, MN, United States

"A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself."