cd-rom drive on parallel port

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Mon Apr 12 07:56:49 PDT 2004

Ok, I'm posting this one last time in the hope that somebody can at
least tell me: "No, it does not work" :-)

----------------------

Hiho! :-)

I've an old 8x cdrom that gets connected to a parallel port. It's
working under DOS 6.2 with a special driver but there is no sign of it
in the dmesg or anywhere else under FreeBSD 5.2.1.

Is this kind of device supported under FreeBSD?
I've checked the man pages and google, but found nothing on the subject.

It's not really important to get it to work, I'm mainly curious ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Marc