Portupgrade problem

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Apr 10 13:27:30 PDT 2004

On Saturday 10 April 2004 01:17 pm, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Kent Stewart wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 April 2004 12:05 pm, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > I could do the && thing but I want the log more than I care if it
> > runs or not. I could cut back on some of the tee but I see mail
> > after it runs.
>
> That's OK-- the "&& thing" is mostly useful within a one-liner
> anyway.  Your script already has explicit sequencing of lines anyway
> and does a few more useful things, besides.  :-)

FWIW, the mirror is on a slower machine that 6 other computers use. The
INDEX files are only built on an AMD 2400+. They are ftp'ed to the
other machines where I only do the cvsup and create the logs.

The other machines are only cvsup'ed when necessary. They may go for
several weeks. When the ports are updated, they are updated from
packages created on ruby and shared on the other 4.x computers..

I try to keep ruby in such a state that if someone has problems building
a port, I can test build it on an up todate system. The logs let me
come close to pin pointing who broke things if it was the committer.
Cvsuplog makes that easier because it creates an HTML link to the
cvsweb cgi for the file that was changed.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA