WRITE_DMA failure during install of 5.2.1-RELEASE

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Sat Apr 10 12:53:21 PDT 2004

Hello Chuck,

	well I tried hutils diagnostics utility from samsung site, which
showed up errors (both during selftest or low level format), then I took the
hard drive and put it into another computer, where I was able to run both
diagnostics and low lever format successfully without any errors.
	I took also Western Digital drive and put it into failing computer,
again it was new drive and I went to same errors during diagnostics from
WD utilities..

	So I assume that something on mainboard (probably disk controller) is
failing so I will make a complaint to supplier of hardware :)

	Thank you..

	Cheers,

	Martin

--