Changing the default text size on console session

Colin J. Raven cjraven at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 10 08:11:10 PDT 2004

Hi all!

My question may not be specific to FreeBSD, but can anyone tell me how to
change the default font size on a console (directly connected monitor)
session when there is no X running?

I'm used to accessing BSD boxes remotely via Putty, but now I have one at
home plus a decent size monitor, and the text size is just overwhelming.
Since you can't page up/down in a console session, it's proving to be
somewhat of a problem.

Doubtless this is hardly revolutionary stuff, but a fair amount of
Googling hasn't provided a definitive answer thus far.

Regards to all & TIA,
-Colin