Portupgrade problem

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Apr 9 12:59:51 PDT 2004

Andreas Davour writes:

>  Well, I started out with a clean 5.2-RELEASE and did cvsup 4 days
>  ago. I don't remember seeing glib being upgraded, but I guess I
>  could always try to '-rf glib' if it is a problem.

	And on that day, your karma really sucked.
	GNOME-of-the-myriad-compoments-which-are-used-by-non-GNOME-things
had a "red flag day" upgrade (2.4 -> 2.6) right around then.  To
unbreak a whole bunch of ports, one had to do the whole GNOME
rebuild.  (Which, though time sunsuming,  was surprisingly painless
for something of that size.)

				Robert Huff