problems with Mutt and esmtp

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Thu Apr 8 10:40:08 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004, Ross A. Beyer wrote:
>I'm having a problem getting the Mutt and esmtp programs to work
>together.  What happens is that when I run Mutt and hit send, Mutt
>will just hang forever displaying its "Sending message..." message.
>I think that it might be something to do with the sending of the
>control character signalling the end of message, but I don't know
>for sure.

You might use the ``tcpflow'' program to look at the traffic between mutt
and the mail server.  Tcpflow uses a command syntax virtually identical to
tcpdump, but splits out each connection into separate files making it much
easier to look at the converstation.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Perhaps, when committing your first federal crime, it would be unwise to
slap your name and address on it and mail it to 10,000 people.'' --Dogbert