Connect to Internet

RazorOnFreeBSD yann.luppo at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 7 15:03:05 PDT 2004

Ok I tried like you said Kevin to do a traceroute on 12.103.21.1 wich is
what ISP call "default gateway".
It didn't work, the result looked like this :

1 * * *
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *
etc....

I wasn't patient enough for the fifth one!
So I looked in resolv.conf and there was the IP of a DNS server :
12.127.17.83. I know this one works because I'm using it under windows
currently.
I decided to try this command : route add default 12.103.21.1
and maybe I was wrong, but I put this address also in the resolv.conf file
before the other DNS entry.
Then I rebooted and Traceroute and same results......

1 * * *
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *