XFree86 Install Monitor and Card for Sony Laptop?

Luke Kearney lukek at meibin.net
Tue Apr 6 18:23:32 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:15:09 -0400
"Craig Booth" <craigbooth at earthlink.net> spake thus:

> During the initial SYSINSTALL setup of Xfree86 on my Sony VAIO PCG-FRV27
> laptop under FreeBSD 4.9, the setup goes through the configuration menus,
> then says it failed and do I want to try again.  I exited SYSINSTALL and ran
> the config option on XFree86, finding out that the generated log shows that
> its erroring out on the Monitor/Video Card initialization.  I can't find a
> monitor in the database that matches my ATI Radion IGP345M PCI monitor, and
> none of the display settings specifically match my 800/600 60 hz + 1028/768
> 60 hz setting.  One display setting had 800/600 76 hz + 1028/768 60 hz
> setting, and that was the closest one so I tried it.  I also tried VGA as
> the monitor, but it stilled failed.
>

> What monitor, card and display settings should use?

Sony should have specification information on their website, note down
specifically the vert and horizontal frequencies and the graphic adaptor
make and model and you should be OK to go. It is unlikely that you will
get the settings correct first time without this exact information.

HTH

LukeK

--
Luke Kearney <lukek at meibin.net>