libintl.so.5 not found and general ports question

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Apr 5 12:20:56 PDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 12:03 pm, Gerry Freymann wrote:

> | installed O|>apsfilter with no options. I didn't have any problems.
>
>  Yes, worked here fine with only SAMBA as additional selections from
> the defaults.

>  I have both:
>
> glib-1.2.10_10                      =   up-to-date with port
> glib-2.2.3_1                        =   up-to-date with port

>  Hmmm, and it's Mozilla that I was trying to update in the first
> place.

Well, to get mozilla to build with the latest glib, I did a link I said
not to do, i.e.,
ln -sf libglib-2.0.so.400 libglib-2.0.so.200

It is am using the new headers. It was the link part of the build that
tried to use the wrong library. I am still trying to figure out what is
wrong. That worries me less than a header for the old version of
libintl being used to reference the new version.

>  Thanks to a note from Michael Nottebrock about 2 weeks ago, I'm told
> a good way to upgrade KDE is to:
>
> pkg_delete -f quanta\* kdevelop\* kde\* arts\* qt\*
> pkg_add -r kde
>
>  My version of KDE is 3.14 so to update kdelibs3 I'm pretty well
> looking at having to update all of KDE, right?

I just fought that battle on an old system using packages from a working
system. Are you in for fun :).

I finally did a portupgrade -Pufr expat twice before I got a good
upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. Copy the list of ports that don't update
and use that file as a reference for things to fix.

The kde people's suggestion was probably an easier one. I had so much to
update since I hadn't update that system since 4.9 was released.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA