KDE upgrade problem

Ben Paley ben at spooty.net
Mon Apr 5 12:09:34 PDT 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 9:01 pm,  Ruslan N. Gogunsci wrote:
> Message: 16
> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:39:46 +0400
> From: "Ruslan N. Gogunsci" <grint at yandex.ru>
> Subject: Re: KDE upgrade problem
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>
> Hello Ben,
> 1.You must read handbook about ports and packages
> 2.then go to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade and install it, read
> manpages about portupgrade.
> www.onlamp.org has good articles about how to use portupgrade.
> 3. then portsdb -Uu as root
> 4. portupgrade -NcCr kde

I've been using portinstall and portupgrade for a couple of years without
problems - I pkgdb -vF more or less every time I use it, and back up the
database... so I think the problem isn't with my use of portupgrade...

But then again portsdb -uU (which I haven't used before) is throwing me some
unexpected results: nothing that looks like it's to do with kde, though.

Hmm... I will ponder further. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Cheers,
Ben