Server down regularly

meimi meimi_1 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:48:03 PST 2004

Hello,
> What is the output of uname -a?
FreeBSD cp.laws.ms 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Fri May 23 11:13:23
CDT 2003

> Are you patched to the latest security release for 4.8 (p.16 or so)?  PHP
has been causing people problems lately (see the archives for this list back
30-60 days), could it be biting you?  The symptoms sound similar (apache
crashing the system).
I have checked the dmesg and I found this
pid 96448 (httpd), uid 398: exited on signal 6

So, I check the apache error log, and I found this warning repeat many times
[warn] child process xxxxx did not exit, sending another SIGHUP
After that, apache restart. Then another 5 minutes, the servers offline.

So, I think you may be right, since I just recompile PHP with lastest PHP
stable version (4.3.5). I will search the mail archive now.

Thank you for everyone help. You all are very knowledgeable.

Thanks
Meimi