Running arbitary daemons with init

homebreweverything2 homebreweverything2 at myway.com
Thu Apr 1 10:11:25 PST 2004

I am having troubling getting init on a freebsd 5.0-RELEASE machine to keep one of my scripts running.  It's a bash script, which runs fine if I run it nohup bashscript.sh &.  But, if I add the following line to my ttys:

checkhost "/home/user/bashscript.sh" unknown on

and send the HUP signal to init, the script does not run.  I've tried a couple variants of the line, labelling it as sercure and insecure, but I've been unable to get init to launch it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike