Postfix problems

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sat Sep 20 07:34:50 PDT 2003

You missed the most obvious point. The basic FBSD install is
delivered with sendmail active. To get postfix to be the active mail
server you have to disable sendmail and reboot FBSD.

ADD this statement to your rc.conf file

sendmail_enable="NONE"          # Totally disable sendmail, allowing
Postfix
                                # to become the primary MTA.
                                                                #
(Mail transport agent)