Ports : Mozilla / Mozilla-devel

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Tue Sep 30 09:44:21 PDT 2003

* Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> [20030930 19:25]: wrote:
> In the last episode (Sep 30), Mike Hogsett said:
> > I have been pulling my hair out over this.  I installed a package
> > several days ago that required gettext.  The gettext in ports has
> > been updated so I had to deinstall the existing on and install the
> > version from ports.
> >
> > After that mozilla and mozilla-devel (and some other stuff) wont run
> > becuase libintl.so.4 no longer exists. (gettext from ports installs
> > libintl.so.5 now).
> >
> > I pkg_delete'd mozilla and mozilla-devel and rebuilt (have tried
> > both) but even after they build and install they are still asking for
> > libintl.so.4!!
>
> They may be linking against a shared library that requires
> libintl.so.4.
>
> > I rm -rf'd /usr/ports and cvsup'd back hoping to clear any cruft that
> > may have remained and rebuilt mozilla-devel, still no dice!
> >
> > Anyone have a suggestion how I can get either of these ports to work
> > again?
>
> At this point, you'll probably have to rebuild all the ports that
> depended on the old gettext.  The portupgrade tools minimize this risk
> by preserving old shlibs in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg, so you can
> upgrade dependant ports at your leisure.

Solution:

http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13526

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash at wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

If you don't go to other men's funerals they won't go to yours.
		-- Clarence Day