Problems Bootstrapping FreeBSD Java while Making OpenOffice

RexFelis catlord17 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 11:32:45 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am attempting to build OpenOffice from ports.
(Running FreeBSD 5.1-p5) So far I've been able to
figure out how to fix everything else that
stopped the build, but this just leaves me lost.
I don't have a clue what this refers to.  The
script capture of the error message is:

---------------------------------------
Script started on Sun Sep 28 14:17:54 2003
primus# make WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE install clean

===>   openoffice-1.0.3_2 depends on executable:
gcc32 - found
===>   openoffice-1.0.3_2 depends on file:
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java - not found
===>    Verifying install for
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java in
/usr/ports/java/jdk13
===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p8_2
# Start of jdk build
i386 Build started:
1.3.1-p8-shannon-030928-14:18
ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not
point
       to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping
this build.
       A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 build must be
bootstrapped against any
       1.3 build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR
setting, or
       just unset it, and start your build again.

Exiting because of the above error(s).
gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.
primus# exit

exit

Script done on Sun Sep 28 14:18:08 2003
---------------------------------------

I read in the archives that someone suggested
using 'make WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes install
clean', but would that work if I am already using
 'make WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE install clean'?  Should
I use make WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE
WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes install clean' or am I
missing something entirely?  Please help.  Thanks
in advance.

Very confused,
Shannon