Problem with cups

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Sat Sep 27 14:12:52 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:29:54AM +0800, Khairil Yusof wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 01:01, Todd Stephens wrote:
>
> > When you say foomatic-rip from ports, is this the foomatic-db port?
> > I cannot find a port for foomatic-rip (which I thought was just a
> > Perl script anyway).  I eventually gave up on foomatic with my Epson
> > C82 and used the "straight" Epson C82 driver from the gimp-print
> > collection.
>
> Whoops.. my bad.
>
> This was actually installed with patches to hpijs from this PR:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54156

I sent that PR in, a long time ago.

> I wonder why it wasn't committed since July.

Please send an e-mail to Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> about this. I
have been trying to gently prod him to commit the patches but it has
gone nowhere.

> You need to install the foomatic-db port..

I do not think that is true. The OP said he had a 930c and the ppd for
that is installed with the _patched_ hpijs.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj at charter.net