Java on FreeBSD

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Sat Sep 27 11:28:54 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 03:01, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> Maybe it's the wrong way to get Java on a FreeBSD system?
> Or, even more likely, I did something stupid.

>CC_VER = gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 [FreeBSD] Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software

You're running FreeBSD5.1-CURRENT which is using gcc 3.3.1 which has
issues with compiling jdk14.

Patchset 4 is supposed to be out soon (around 4.9 release I think) and
this is supposed to fix this problem as well as add applet support.

You can help by trying the experimental (current) patchset and reporting
bugs to java@, especially if you're interested in getting java to run on
current.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386
2:20AM up 1 day, 5:48, 3 users, load averages: 0.44, 0.38, 0.42