Problem with cups

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Sat Sep 27 10:30:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 01:01, Todd Stephens wrote:

> When you say foomatic-rip from ports, is this the foomatic-db port?  I
> cannot find a port for foomatic-rip (which I thought was just a Perl
> script anyway).  I eventually gave up on foomatic with my Epson C82 and
> used the "straight" Epson C82 driver from the gimp-print collection.

Whoops.. my bad.

This was actually installed with patches to hpijs from this PR:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54156

I wonder why it wasn't committed since July.

You need to install the foomatic-db port..

But you can download foomatic-rip from www.linuxprinting.org and yes it
is just a perl script to configure options to control printer driver
options and filters.

For Epson printers.. gimp-print already gives you the best results and
it's already configured automatically by the port install of gimp-print
if you already have cups.

For hpijs though, it isn't.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386
1:18AM up 1 day, 4:45, 3 users, load averages: 0.66, 0.80, 0.67