need your help sir/madam

Gil Agno Virtucio gihl at nesic.com.ph
Thu Sep 25 06:44:51 PDT 2003

If you need a very good Web Browsing filter I'd recommend
dansguardian. It is a web content browsing filter. You
wouldnt have to type those url's you just have to define
the those prohibitted contents...

you can find it here..
/usr/ports/www/dansguardian

and this documentation migh help you also...
http://dansguardian.org/?page=howto

I'd also recommend you to use transparent proxying so you
dont have to define the proxy server in each workstations
browsers and also to prevent the users from bypassing
squid.(But you need to enable NAT and IPFILTER and set
your freebsd+squid as the gateway for the workstations)

heres also a good documentation on how to do it...
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200209/squid.html

with regards to reading/writing to a diskette you can read
"man mount"
ex.
mount /dev/fdc0 /floopy

then you can copy files which containts your access lists
to /floppy

hope this helps...