NIC card not showing up during 5.1 install [asus p4p800 MB]

Anthony Carmody anthony at carmoda.com
Wed Sep 24 18:18:37 PDT 2003

OK,

this is what i get: [NIC entry, not the rest]

none3 at pci1:8:0: class=0x2020000 card=0x80f81043 chip=0x10508086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
	vendor 	= 	'Intel Corporation'
	class 	= 	network
	subclass 	= 	ethernet

I minimal install from 5.1 made from the ISO images from the FTP site. as in a basic install using the /stand/sysinstall blah blah.
i'm not very good with installs as i have never really had much trouble before. should i make a CD from some 'CURRENT' version? all
my hardware should be supported according to the HAREWARE.txt in the CD image i have for 5.1.

[sorry about the email format. im using my thinkpad plagued by M$]