Sound

bylzz at bylzz.se bylzz at bylzz.se
Tue Sep 23 08:50:40 PDT 2003

Hello!

Lets start with some info on the system so you know what it is:
root at lnx:~# uname -a
FreeBSD lnx.bylzz.se 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Sep 22
19:44:00 CEST 2003     bylzz at lnx.bylzz.se:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LNX
i386

root at lnx:~# grep pcm /var/run/dmesg.boot
pcm0: <SB16 DSP 4.16> on sbc0

And I have added the lines "device pcm" and "device sbc" in my kernel
config file. And I have also done
# sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
# sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4
And it dident work after that either. Here is my output from
/var/log/message when I try to play a song:
pcm0:virtual:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

What is the problem? I will be very greatfull for all help I get!

Please reply to bylzz at bylzz.se
--
bylzz