Someone on list with latest virus?

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Sep 23 12:06:05 PDT 2003

Andrew L. Gould wrote:

>I do my emailing from FreeBSD; but I empathize with any Windows user's fear of
>patching/updating.  I updated my Win2K with a "critical update" yesterday
>using Microsoft's online updating utility (no, not from an email link!); and
>it trashed the OS. The repair utilities on the installation CD  have been
>useless.  I now have to find the time to reinstall.
>
>I spent the night reviewing the list of apps I can't replace in FreeBSD.   The
>list keeps getting smaller (along with the motivation to reinstall).
>
>Andrew Gould

Hmm, never had any trouble with WinXP or Win98 using Windows Update
AFAICR.  That said, I'm now running FBSD 5.1 alongside my Windows
box, the the Windows screen is *behind* me and to the right.  As I'm not
much of a gamer, and my wife/kids have XP in the living room, I've already
succumbed to the switch, and think I'm gonna like it.