help with installing port kde3

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Mon Sep 22 19:48:41 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ALIAS" <liuyang99 at earthlink.net>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 9:33 PM
Subject: help with installing port kde3

> so i updated my ports with cvs then i installed xfree4 from port then i
tried
> to install kde3 from port too, took about a day and a half until some
error
> came up with bison-1.75 the work/bison-1.75/doc/bison.texinfo has some
errors
> in it with unknown commands copying and insertcopying and unmatched @end
> command or something like that and i didn't know how to fix it and i had
> reinstall everything again, can someone tell me how to fix the error?

I just had that very same problem today when attempting to get atacontrol
working after a kernel recompile. What ended up being the problem was the
kernel source and user/src were out of sync. I cvs'd the current src tree,
rebuilt world and recompiled kernel and the problem was corrected.

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration