Installing Ethernet Driver.

Mike Maltese mike at pcmedx.com
Mon Sep 22 10:09:55 PDT 2003

> hey,
> While installing FreeBSD4.5 from CD on my system, I could not install the
driver for the ethernet. After installing the freeBSD, I checked "ifconfig"
and found no entry for the ethernet. Well, since i did not install any
driver for ethernet during installation of FreeBSD its obvious that there is
no information about the ethernet in "ifconfig".
> My question is : how can i install the ethernet driver and also how can i
find the proper driver for it.
> Thanks in advance.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.5R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

Look here to see if your device is supported.