Cvsup refuse confusion

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Mon Sep 22 09:28:00 PDT 2003

Charles Howse wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm trying to eliminate all the non-English ports and documentation.
>I've deleted the relevant directories in /usr/ports and /usr/share/doc,
>But they reappear on subsequent cvsups.
>Where have I gone wrong?
>
>********* /etc/cvsupfile *********
>
>*default  host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
>*default  base=/usr
>*default  prefix=/usr
>*default  release=cvs
>*default  tag=RELENG_4_8
>*default  delete use-rel-suffix
>
>src-all
>*default tag=.
>ports-all
>doc-all
>
>********* /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/ports-all/refuse *********
>
>doc/da_*
>doc/de_*
>doc/el_*
>doc/es_*
>doc/fr_*
>doc/it_*
>doc/ja_*
>doc/nl_*
>doc/no_*
>doc/pl_*
>doc/pt_*
>doc/ru_*
>doc/sr_*
>doc/zh_*
>ports/INDEX
>ports/chinese
>ports/french
>ports/german
>ports/hebrew
>ports/hungarian
>ports/japanese
>ports/korean
>ports/polish
>ports/portuguese
>ports/russian
>ports/ukranian
>ports/vietnamese
>

>Thanks,
>Charles
>
>Got a computer with idle CPU time?
>Join SETI at home and help make history!
>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

The refuse file goes in /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse as mentioned in
the handbook at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
Section A.5.3.1

"The refuse file essentially tells *CVSup* that it should not take every
single file from a collection; in other words, it tells the client to
/refuse/ certain files from the server. The refuse file can be found
(or, if you do not yet have one, should be placed) in /base//sup/.
/base/ is defined in your supfile; by default, /base/ is
/usr/local/etc/cvsup, which means that by default the refuse file is
/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse."

Cheers