usb/umass questions

Erick Smith desertfox at cableaz.com
Sat Sep 20 13:02:40 PDT 2003

I have two usb mass storage devices which work fine on my FreeBSD 5.1
installation, but they don't work correctly on my FreeBSD 4.9 Installation on
the same machine.

First I have a Kanguru Microdrive 2 gig USB drive which, when plugged in while
FreeBSD 4.9 is running brings up no events in the messages log.  On 5.1 it
does the mormal thing.  umass....da0...etc.

Second I have aNikon CoolPix 2100 which when plugged in on 4.9, brings up the
umass message, but nothing else...no da0  etc.

Obviously I can't mount either device.  Can anyone make some suggestions for
how to get these things to work?  My kernel is generic except for USER_LDT
for the nvidia driver.

Thanks,

Erick Smith