Migrating to BIND 9 (WAS: RE: BIND fix for VeriSign's unregistered domain redirections?)

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Sat Sep 20 08:39:05 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 11:22  AM, liquid wrote:
> Also, the existing named.conf I've written... will it work if I make it
> really simplified(for now - I know that bind 9 adds new functionality
> so
> eventually I'd find myself tweaking that a little)?
>
> Thanks in advance for any insight.

Bind 9 is much more strict about config files.  When i switched from 8
to 9, I had one subtle syntax error (well it was valid in 8) that
caused me a great deal of grief.  You might want to look at the DNS and
Bind cookbook by O'Reilly and compare your dns entries.

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)