[OT] replacing fan with mismatched specs

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 21:24:46 PDT 2003

Bill Moran writes:

> ....  I have a switch that has a fan in it that
> failed.  It's a 40MM .22Amp 5V.
>
> ...  The best I can find is a 40MM .13amp 5V.

Check  www.digikey.com .  They are NOT a discount
supplier and you'll pay a fat handling charge if
you don't meet their minimum, but, like Pickford,
they carry everything.  Their paper catalog lists at
least one Panasonic fan that looks like it matches
your dimensions and power numbers (I'm assuming 5v or
12v .) and there are probably others from other
manufacturers.

                                   Mark Terribile