Auth daemon? how? where!

Dead Line dead_line at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:54:59 PDT 2003

Hello everyone,

   Im having a Mail Server, but all the pop3 servers im trying to install
and web readers has the same
   problem.

   I tried, sqwebmail, nocc, squirrelmail ... all it success being installed
and running but
   when i use the user name and the password to login, it fails and it says
incorrect user/pass

   This problem with all what i installed from a webmail reader.

   Someone told me, there should be a *Auth daemon* running in the system to
veryfy the user/pass.

  What daemon is this? what i should install? where is in the ports?
  im using uw-imap.

  man authdaemon no entry, and im lost here, can someone please help?

  Thank you everbody.

  Marwan