version string scare with new patched ssh (newbie)

Josh Brooks user at mail.econolodgetulsa.com
Thu Sep 18 06:52:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a 4.5-RELEASE system with the original, stock /usr/src/secure.

I followed the SA directions, and they worked like a charm - I patched the
source, all hunks succeeded, and install/restart worked fine.

However, when I run:

/usr/sbin/sshd -\?

I see:

sshd version OpenSSH_2.9 FreeBSD localisations 20011202

Is this correct ?  Part of me thinks it is because I don't have a new
sshd, just a patched version of the old 4.5-RELEASE one ... but I am not
so sure.

So can someone confirm that that version string is ok ?

thanks.