why

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Wed Sep 17 02:24:46 PDT 2003

On 17 Sep Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 September 2003 at 23:27:05 -0700, Dragoncrest wrote:
> > At 08:23 AM 9/17/03 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> >>
> >> Because something's wrong.
> >
> >         LOL.  You're mean.  ;)
>
> Heh.  Yes, I was planning to follow up with a more useful message
> (like "read http://www.lemis.com/questions.html"), but you got there
> first.  Dick, remember that people here are working for you for free.
> Don't make it more difficult than necessary.

I'm sorry guys. You're absolutely right! Won't happen again (hopefully)
and I can connect again ;-))
I installed courier (replaces sendmail) and forgot to set the "me" file
so mail got delivered as "machinename.nagual.st" which is bounced by the
freebsd server. Sending mail as "nagual.st" (domain only) works fine.

Yesterday I changed my zonefiles to reflect "lothlorien.nagual.st" as my
nagual.st IP but that did not do the trick at the fbsd mailersite. I had
expected it to work as resolving would be possible now. So I changed it
back.

How do I send mail to the fbsd server under the name of the machine the
mail's coming from? If not "nagual.st = IP --> machine.nagual.st = IP
how do I go about it than?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)