linksys wireless-G pci driver?

Vincent Poy vince at oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Tue Sep 16 13:59:34 PDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Lalani, Qureish wrote:

> Pondering the idea of installing free bsd on my box. My only concern is
> whether or not there is a driver for the Linksys PCI 802.11g wireless
> adapter. Any guidance is appreciated.

	Until there is a Broadcom driver which is what LinkSys uses or
anything that has that 54g with a red circle on it on the box, those are
all using 802.11g chipsets from Broadcom.  You would be better off with
the supported NetGear or D-Link 802.11g cards using Atheros chipsets as
those are supported.

Cheers,
Vince - vince at WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1 at IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin