Controller(s) for 16 IDE hard disk server

Michael Haro mharo at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 16 11:30:43 PDT 2003

I want to setup a FreeBSD server with a 16-24 200+GB IDE drives for an FTP
server.  We currently have one using two old 3ware 6xxx cards.  Does anyone
know of any cards (that are still made - I'm not allowed to use used stuff)
that would for this task that are supported by FreeBSD?  I don't see support
for the 75xx or 85xx cards 3ware cards.  I also don't care if we use 3ware
or some other manufacturer, but I don't know who else makes IDE controllers
that support at least 8 drives per card and work with FreeBSD.

Also, if there is a better list for me to ask this question on, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Michael