Recreating a software raid 0+1

neil martinez neilm1995 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 20:42:18 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I am unsure where to post this.

I have a Maxtor Nas 4000 w/4 drives. It recently took a dive for the worse, Maxtor gives no support, except to try to mount it. I tried and was unsuccessful; I consistently get super block errors.

I was able to get this from Maxtor:

1. os = FreeBSD 2.05.3068

2. IDE software raid (OS) 0+1

I am unable to mount the drives for partitions, except where the OS lays. The rest are superblock errors. I do not know if I need (and how) to recreate the software raid on a new install of freebsd5.

Please help!

Neil