What Happend to gd2 Port?

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Mon Sep 15 01:21:26 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:43:31PM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 15:28, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:18:54PM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> > > The portversion command shows that graphics/gd2 no longer exists.
> > > However the FBSD web site still shows it as a port.  Yet when I click on
> > > "sources" in the listing, I get "Port "ports/graphics/gd2" does not
> > > exist." on the web. So I assume this port was recently removed?
> > >
> > > I've used Google but haven't found anything regarding this.  Maybe the
> > > change is to new to have made it to the search engines.  I was also
> > > unsuccessful finding anything about it searching the mail list archives
> > > on the FBSD site.
> > >
> > > What do I need to do to update my system?  I guess I should upgrade all
> > > ports that depend on this and then I can remove it?  If so, how do I
> > > find all the port that depend on gd2.
> >
> > Check /usr/ports/MOVED and/or the CVS history (e.g. use cvsweb)
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I'm still learning about the ports system and
> how to find the info I need.
>
> I don't have a /usr/ports/MOVED on my system.  Am I supposed to be
> looking on the FBSD web site somewhere?
Try using cvsup to update your ports tree - the cvsup system will see
you don't have the /usr/ports/MOVED file and automatically fetch it for
you.

FYI:

[9:19:14] root at users /root# grep gd2 /usr/ports/MOVED
graphics/gd2|graphics/gd|2003-08-19|Cleanup gd-related ports

ie graphics/gd2 was moved to graphics/gd on 19th August :)

Must admit I didn't know about the MOVED file, seems to be a recent
addition along with a few more ports categories.
--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/