apache13 to apache13-modssl port migration

Dirk Meyer dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org
Mon Sep 15 00:06:02 PDT 2003

cully wrote:

> Would you avoid portupgrade for this?
>
> I am a little shaky in the knees at this prospect.  This is on a
> production web server getting over 1 million page views per day.  I use
> mod_php4, mod_auth_pgsql, mod_gzip, mailman, and I have some other ports
> installed like squirrelmail, mnogosearch, a bunch of pear libraries (not
> even sure if they are dependent on apache13), phpMyAdmin and probably a
> few other things I haven't even thought of. <gulp>
>
> Once this is done do all these ports change to think they are dependent
> on apache13-modssl rather than www/apache13?

Yes, the PR#32604 will fix this.

But even now, you don't have to worry,
just be sure the modules are compiled with only www/apache13-modssl
installed, if portupgrade dones not overwrite with with "www/apache13"
in some coases you are perfectly fine, even if some ports register
a wrong dependency.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer at guug.de],[dinoex at FreeBSD.org]