firewall

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Sun Sep 14 20:37:25 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 12:58:19PM -0400, fbsd_user wrote:
> other options. I have used both IPFW and IPFILTER, IPFW's keep state
> rules do not function correctly on a DSL or cable internet
> connection,

I use IPFW with stateful rules on a cable connection without problem.
I've tested them to confirm that they keep state and respond appropriately
to packets. I haven't been able to find a mention of a problem with
stateful rules in the archives, except for problems using advanced stateful
rules with a divert rule. The original poster isn't using either, so
that shouldn't be causing a problem for him.

Bob Hall