OK w/ 4.8R: sendto: buffer space not available

chael at southgate.ph.inter.net chael at southgate.ph.inter.net
Sun Sep 14 18:34:03 PDT 2003

IMO, I think this area of dev should be revisited before 4.9-RELEASE.
Because when I brought it down to 4.8-RELEASE via cvsup, it has not failed
yet. It usually fails around 12 hrs from boot. And it has been 14+ hours now
running very fine.

One thing I noticed though... it seems that over time, the peak values on
netstat -m grows. Although it is still far from the max value I set in
kern.ipc.nmbclusters. Last value before networking stalls is around 9000 to
10000+ on my mbuf clusters. Now with 4.8-RELEASE, the netstat -m shows a
steady peak value of just 5226.

Thanks.