mail server setup

Technical Director trodat at ultratrends.com
Sun Sep 14 07:14:09 PDT 2003

Aaron,

First question you might want to answer is can I solve the relaying
problem on the system I have now? Certainly "SCO Unix" is ugly to me,
but if it is working and your time is as limited as the rest you might be
best to upgrade to the lastest version of Sendmail. It not only fixes the
latest in known bugs/overflows in Sendmail, but by default rejects
relaying attempts.

R.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Aaron Walters wrote:

> I am setting up freebsd as an incoming mail server running
sendmail.  Is there documentation to do this and make sure i do this
right??  I am having problems with people relaying through my existing
mail server running sco unix and sendmail. Please advise about
documentation to do this.