x windows

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 02:55:28 PDT 2003

hi,

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 11:46, Ian Todd wrote:
> I have a gforce 2 mx 400 and trying to run x windows. I have
> downloaded and installed the latest drivers for it and i am still
> getting the same error message before i installed it. what could the
> problem be the error is:
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>
> Im running freebsd in vmware.

as far as i know vmware does not pass ur video card to the gast OS but
simulates a different one.  so ur fbsd will not see any geforce but the
vmware svga card.

i guess u will have to install the vmware tools which will create a
XF86Config template if i remember correctly (incl. correct card).

hope that helps
seb