Internal Modems that work with freebsd

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Sep 12 19:49:55 PDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 08:53 pm, Bob Shadley wrote:
> Any suggestions for an internal modem in the $20 unit cost range that
> works with freebsd?  The modem source would need to be reliable since it
> would be to support an ongoing project.

Good luck.  The inexpensive modems tend to be winmodems, which are not
compatible with FreeBSD.

These days I'd say go with an external modem or find an ISA modem.  If you're
determined to pay only $20, I'd try to find a used one.  Check with local
computer companies that do a lot of upgrades.  They probably have boxes full
of stuff they'll eventually throw away.

Andrew Gould