56k pccard modem connect speed?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Sep 12 14:10:26 PDT 2003

fbsd_user wrote:

> Issue this command from console after modem connection is complete
> Cat /var/log/ppp.log | grep CONNECT

Sweet. I must have missed that line in all the noise. Thanks.

Another question:

I know that WingNET's 3com Total Control Chassis (modem terminal
server) will modulate connected modems up or down depending on
line static, noise, etc...

Are events like this logged in ppp.log? Is there a command I can
run, while connected, that will tell me my current connect speed?

Or is this something internal to the modem that I can't retreive?

Thanks.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,