help

Joseph Begumisa begj at trueafrican.com
Fri Sep 12 05:21:34 PDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, deepak patil wrote:

> Dear sir/ Madam,
> We are having Server with FreeBSD 4.6.2 - Release. I would like to know Some basic paths & Commands to start, stop the apache, sendmail , ftpd, mysqld services.  How or Where Iwill find these services means what is the path for those.
> Please help me in this issue.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Deepak patil

hi,

for apache & mysqld look under /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ there should be shell
scripts that start/stop these.

for sendmail, check /etc/defaults/rc.conf where you should
have something like this below and paste it into /etc/rc.conf of course
changing the setting from no to yes in order for it to start.

sendmail_enable="NO"    # Run the sendmail inbound daemon (YES/NO).
sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m" # Flags to sendmail (as a server)
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"   # Dequeue stuck mail (YES/NO).
sendmail_outbound_flags="-q30m" # Flags to sendmail (outbound only)

for ftpd: check /etc/inetd.conf
to start ftpd, you should uncomment the line with ftp.

Joseph.