Can't get 5.1 to build.

Lute Mullenix lute at cableone.net
Wed Sep 10 22:23:04 PDT 2003

I recently did a binary upgrade to 5.1 and downloaded the new kernel source, however after editing the config file (LOWFAT) when I run "make depend" it always errors out with this.

c/sys/modules/aic7xxx/ahd/../../../dev/aic7xxx/aic79xx.seq
../aicasm/aicasm: Stopped at file aic79xx.reg, line 3942 - syntax error
../aicasm/aicasm: Removing aic79xx_seq.h due to error
../aicasm/aicasm: Removing aic79xx_reg.h due to error
*** Error code 65

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/aic7xxx/ahd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/aic7xxx.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LOWFAT.

This is kind of a bummer because I have not been able to build a kernel to get my sound card working, and I sorta miss it. Can someone tell me what I should do?

Thanks.

--
 Lute