Map Windows Key under syscons

Stefan Malte Schumacher s.schumacher at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 10 14:59:19 PDT 2003

Hi

I would like to be able to use the Windows Key as "Meta" while using syscons
- it much easier to reach then escape. I have found out with xev that the
scancode of this key is 115. After this I opened the German-Iso-Keymap with
an editor and found out that there are 108 lines with numbers and functions.
I thereby assumed that by copying the Meta-Line and adding it as Nr.115 at
the end I should be able to use the Windows-Key as Meta, but this did not
work. (It just beeps when I press Windows - after reloading the keymap of
course). So how can I map Windows to Meta ?

Bye
Stefan