global lists virus spammer

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton at reversedhell.net
Wed Sep 10 01:43:37 PDT 2003

There is a lame virus (probably written in VB judging by the size of the
file) who keeps hitting the smtp servers, and I noticed it in  the
freebsd lists. It has attachments like .pif and .scr.

I also noticed it filled my e-mail box with 67.5 Mb in just 3-4 days.
Now that was nice. It spreads using impersonated fake e-mail addresses
but I noticed it is always being sent by the very same IP:
"The original message was received on Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:45:15 +0300
from KLAUS (pD9E8A85B.dip.t-dialin.net [217.232.168.91]"

After more then 2 weeks, it still keeps pushing out junk smtp data, so I
blocked any SMTP coming from that server (via ipfw hammer tool).

I hope this message will be helpfull to all of us. Cheers.

Alin.